Corporate Lawyer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Jun-2022|
Snowy Hydro is a dynamic, integrated energy business that has been providing on-demand, reliable energy to Australia for generations. Snowy Hydro owns and operates a powerful combination of generation assets, including the iconic 4100-megawatt Snowy Mountains Scheme alongside several gas and diesel plants, and, through its contractual offtaking arrangements, invests in and supports an ever increasing amount of wind and solar energy generation.
The Snowy Hydro Group includes our energy retail companies, Red Energy and Lumo Energy, who maintain healthy competition in the energy retail markets. Our retail companies put customers first and continue to be recognised as leaders in customer service and support.
It's an exciting time to join Snowy Hydro as we continue our key role in leading the transition to a renewable energy system with new projects underway. Our growing Legal team is seeking a Corporate Lawyer (Retail) to support the delivery of growth and transformation across the businesses.
About the Role
As a Corporate Lawyer (Retail), you will advise on all legal aspects of Snowy Hydro's retail business. Working in conjunction with the Senior Corporate Lawyer (Retail), you will become a trusted business partner to key Red Energy, Lumo Energy and Direct Connect stakeholders, providing advice on a broad range of issues relating to the National Electricity Market law and rules, jurisdiction specific electricity retail sector rules, consumer protection law, commercial transactions and other business activities such as marketing and procurement.
You will be an active member of the Legal team and participate in continuous improvement, learning and career development, in a collaborative, team-focused and flexible working environment.
This is a Sydney based, full-time permanent position, reporting to the Head of Legal.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provision of strategic and technical legal advice relating to the Snowy Hydro Group's retail businesses that will drive and enable the businesses to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Management of regulatory investigations
- Preparation of contractual documentation for procurement and review of counterparties terms and conditions
- Management of legal disputes with contract counter-parties
- Delivery of Legal Awareness and Training
- Provision of advice relating to Regulatory Obligations relevant to the retail businesses, and undertaking verification and assurance activities to ensure regulatory obligations are being met
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor of Laws
- 4+ years' post qualification experience at top tier law firm or large consumer facing business
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to retail businesses, such as Australian Consumer Law and the Privacy Act
- Confidence in advising a commercial enterprise subject to complex regulatory frameworks on a broad range of legal issues
- The ability to work independently and effectively manage competing priorities
- Experience with senior level client engagement
- Alignment to Snowy Hydro's corporate values of safety, team work, ownership, agility, decency and courage
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Career development
- Hybrid working model
- Gain excellent hands-on experience in a growing business
- Opportunity to work with a highly skilled, supportive, and close-knit Legal team
If this position interests you and you feel you have the skills and attributes required, please apply now.
For more information on the role, please contact Paige Batty - Paige.firstname.lastname@example.org