Asset Engineer - Building Services | Cooma
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2018|
A leading provider of peak, renewable electricity, Snowy Hydro has a world class reputation in engineering innovation and technical expertise. Snowy Hydro owns and operates a powerful combination of generation assets, including the 4100 megawatt Snowy Mountains Scheme. We also provide clean, efficient electricity and gas to over one million customers - households and businesses - across the country through our retail energy business.
An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified individual to join our high performing team as an Asset Engineer - Building Services.
The role is a pivotal role that will contribute to the long-term performance and capability of SHL's assets through the provision of engineering advice and support to the business, for the following assets:
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Low voltage systems
- Compressed air systems
- Fire protection
- Building code compliance
- Drainage systems
- Sewerage systems
- Oil water separators
- Associated regulations of the above
Responsible include the development of technical standards, maintenance plans/specifications, undertaking condition assessments and prescription of technical compliance requirements.
Reporting to the Manager Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Provision of engineering advice and support to the business, for nominated assets
- Develop and maintain technical standards for nominated assets
- Maintain current knowledge of industry practices and improvement trends. Drive improvements within SHL as appropriate
- Maintain working relationships with external consultants to ensure continuity of technical support to the business. Ensure commercial frameworks are in place, so that services can be engaged when required
- Undertake condition and risk assessments for nominated assets and provide the business with technical advice relating to remaining life and management options
- Contribute to Asset Change Management process
- Contribute to Asset Management Plans
- Lead and continuously improve the Maintenance Plan for nominated assets in conjunction with all key stakeholder to ensure it is complete and current
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of Meridium APM and Ellipse systems
What are we looking for?
- An Engineering Degree is a prerequisite for the role, however we are equally looking for an excellent communicator that will provide a quality service to our customers
- Demonstrated leadership within technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a range of personnel and customers
- Computer skills involving spreadsheets and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of OH&S, EEO and Environmental Policies and standards
This role is based in COOMA, relocation benefits will be provided to shortlisted candidates
Applications for this role will close on Sunday 25 August 2018. If you feel you have what it take, we encourage your application.