Asset Engineer - Building Services | Cooma
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Aug-2018|
A leading provider of peak, renewable electricity, Snowy Hydro has a world class reputation in engineering innovation and technical expertise. Snowy Hydro owns and operates a powerful combination of generation assets, including the 4100 megawatt Snowy Mountains Scheme. We also provide clean, efficient electricity and gas to over one million customers - households and businesses - across the country through our retail energy business.
An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified individual to join our high performing team as an Asset Engineer - Building Services.
The role is a pivotal role that will contribute to the long-term performance and capability of SHL's assets through the provision of engineering advice and support to the business, for the following assets:
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Low voltage systems
- Compressed air systems
- Fire protection
- Building code compliance
- Drainage systems
- Sewerage systems
- Oil water separators
- Associated regulations of the above
Responsible include the development of technical standards, maintenance plans/specifications, undertaking condition assessments and prescription of technical compliance requirements.
Reporting to the Manager Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Provision of engineering advice and support to the business, for nominated assets
- Develop and maintain technical standards for nominated assets
- Maintain current knowledge of industry practices and improvement trends. Drive improvements within SHL as appropriate
- Maintain working relationships with external consultants to ensure continuity of technical support to the business. Ensure commercial frameworks are in place, so that services can be engaged when required
- Undertake condition and risk assessments for nominated assets and provide the business with technical advice relating to remaining life and management options
- Contribute to Asset Change Management process
- Contribute to Asset Management Plans
- Lead and continuously improve the Maintenance Plan for nominated assets in conjunction with all key stakeholder to ensure it is complete and current
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of Meridium APM and Ellipse systems
What are we looking for?
- An Engineering Degree is a prerequisite for the role, however we are equally looking for an excellent communicator that will provide a quality service to our customers
- Demonstrated leadership within technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a range of personnel and customers
- Computer skills involving spreadsheets and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of OH&S, EEO and Environmental Policies and standards
Applications for this role will close on Sunday 5 August 2018. If you feel you have what it take, we encourage your application.